View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 06:35 PM   #1
italia366

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Question Track day - Lug nut question

Hello!

Just got done with my first track day in the Camaro, and I absolutely love it. This is my 5th event total, but first with this car, and it is crazy how capable it is. Very, very happy with it!

No problems or issues thankfully, but I am encountering something I've not on my previous cars: my lugs need to be tightened before every session. I am on a OEM setup (minus Castrol SRF fluid), and am torquing the lugs to 140 lb ft with a 150 lb ft 1/2" inch drive torque wrench when the car is cooled down, so aka, right before a session. Surprisingly, several lugs around the car need to be tightened every single time, but especially my front left tire. My previous cars maybe has 1 or 2 that needed to be tightened over the course of a day , but never this many this frequently

Basically my question is - is this normal for the Camaro, and something you guys experience as well? Or, do I need to get a bigger torque wrench for better accuracy? I know torque wrenches typically aren't accurate at the low end of their range, but I wasn't sure if that also applied to the top end. Or is something else going on?

Thanks! Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow

Last edited by italia366; 04-22-2024 at 07:28 PM.
italia366 is offline   Reply With Quote