View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 04:11 PM   #37
void_kp

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2015)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamayroZ View Post
Personally, I think that a ~15+% gain after a tune and headwork is great. It will be interesting to get your impression about real world driveability since that is probably the most important measure.

The car does sound like a dragster! Enjoy it with the nicer weather.

Hey, thanks for the message.
I really don't mind about HP, but similar setups with less extreme cams gave 560+ on Z06 on the same dyno, tuned by same people. This is why we are a bit surprised by the result.
I don't need more power, I don't care... but this might be a sign of something being off.

One example could be a shorter pushrod ? or the insufficient air intake (i doubt it, but who knows).

Said so:
car drivability. Severely affected. Car refuses gas below 1900rpm, especially in high gears. It will stumble and buckle and requires VERY smooth accelerator action. Lowering one gear and getting >2000 is almost required in real traffic situations.

I was expecting this, so no big surprise there. Point is that less extreme cams give more power with more drivability (if this is the case), which means that combination of these pieces I've put together is not giving 100% of what they could.

I will keep driving it a few days checking oil pressure and oil temp. I want to make sure everything is fine.

Car sounds incredible from 3000rpm, like a real racing V8. Big cams sure deliver in terms of sounds on a pushrod V8
void_kp is offline   Reply With Quote