View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 11:02 AM   #192
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
Nice work - looks great! I agree with Greg on tackling those projects on the jack stands, that's dedication.
I would like to accept credit, but I think it's more my OCD, lol.

I believe the OEMs get pretty much all of it right, but I also recognize they have to work within a lot of constraints, and that's where the aftermarket can come in and fill those gaps. Products and support you provide the Community ARE AWESOME and just, IMHO, allow this platform to reach it's potential, and more. I'm working within specific constraints, too, and these products have allowed me to get a lot further than I'd ever thought I could, and relatively easily.

If there's one thing left for me for mods', it's the hope of more completely fueling integration between the E92 and REFLEX. If we can get to where we don't have to compensate for the PI-fueling by altering FUELING (which is the way I'm trying it, and the way I've described in this thread), AIRFLOW MODEL, and/or the TORQUE MODEL (which I recognize has worked for a long time successfully), my OCD will be at ease. There are new features in the latest software update which are sweet (and I don't hardly take advantage of because of my combination), but I am completely appreciative of the continued support. The fueling integration would be the last bit of this puzzle, IMHO, that would complete this project, and solidify it as amazing. It's already great, and all of this hardware is awesome, but I'd pay for the complete integration, LOL.

I'm still planning on posting a little more information as to the specifics of the FUELING changes I've made. I keep changing things, and getting distracted, so I, still, have not polished as much as I want to. BUT - I am CLOSE. I'm, mostly, working in the RAIL PRESSURE table, and just adjusting the pressure up-and-down to see what the E92 likes. I might be cheating a little by bringing PE in a little sooner than I'd like (and what most calibrators would say is reasonable), but I'm still playing.

Also - I have redone a little of my aux' pump wiring. So far, the plumbing seems to be holding up as could be expected, but I didn't like a little of my wiring. I have confirmed, for certain, the pump can be triggered (by getting instruction on how to ground the circuit and force it on momentarily), and does move fuel. I thought I was seeing it come on in smaller hits on the street, but traction was not there to stay into the throttle too long, so I wasn't certain the LSFP was actually affected by the aux' pump. It was though, so the tutorial THPSI provides for aux' pump REFLEX control is indeed effective (of course it was ), so eliminating all of the DSX LSFP stuff really cleaned things up. I also figured out that I needed to move the SSR because it was interfering with the trunk trim, creating a bulge. While the trim was damaged from it, I'm not terribly worried about it, and the stress of the trim pushing on the SSR is alleviated, so I feel good about it. There was enough room, behind the rear facia, to move it over, so I just used the outside existing hole, and added a new hole/rivnut, and scooted it over. Not too big a deal. I also found a solid state diode (I guess that's what it's called) that I might eventually install, because my ghetto diode/heater hose barb sheathing REALLY bothers my OCD, but I'm still chewing on it, and need a break, lol.

A little more to follow in a while...
Attached Images

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote