View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM   #1
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
Unexplained curb rash... suggestions?

Greetings,

SO I got quoted for my PPF two days ago, and I wasn't able to wash the car before bringing it up for my appointment.

I had just washed the car the previous Sunday, so we are talking two days here.

As we are walking around the car, I notice some dirt and what appear to be scratches on my front passenger wheel. I try to play ignorant with myself, and reason it must just be some extra mud from when I washed the car. I haven't given the wheels a good proper cleaning yet, and I have a gravel/dirt driveway that I wash in.

I get home, clean up the area a bit, and find they are indeed scratched. Now I don't know when this happened as I tend to park far away from curbs when I am in the road, but it did happen. Only have 600 miles too, I'm beyond myself.

Here are two different views...

Now its not THAT bad, and if all else fails I can get a replacement wheel for around $500... I'd rather NOT do that.
On that note, does anyone know where I can find the exact part number for this wheel, or the paint color code?

So my question is, what should I do? And does anyone know a fairly reasonably priced refinish/polishing/repair shop in the Detroit Metro area thats quality and trustworthy?

Or if there is something I could do that could cover this up or repair it, where should I start?

Interested in the responses, thanks!
Attached Images

Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote