View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 08:12 PM   #21
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
The machining marks can be seen the entire spline area but not felt. The last clutch I put in, I appllied wheel bearing grease to the input shaft and worked the clutch disk back and forth. The feel definitely was smoother after working in the grease. On the dry input shaft it would bind if there was any side load but it would not bind once it had grease worked in.

I have not done the greasing on the new shaft yet but will be installing it on tuesday using the same method for greasing it. If you push the clutch along the input shaft in the center at the splines it would slide but pushing on one outer edge would apply the side load and cause it to bind when dry.

Thanks very much for all your replies and help. I was doing some searching on the proper grease to put on and get multiple different answers. I honestly think that's what's going on. Any strain at all on the desk when trying to push it back-and-forth on the spines it binds easly. It seems like a little bit of grease would help that a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote