Thread: LT4 SOI EOI
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:21 AM   #10
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
When I was installing this new motor, Greg Kong suggested I try my current tuner.

Joe S. and KingLT1 tuned my previous 377 motor. I have no issues with either tuner. King's numbers are in my sig. SOI for both their tunes was around 375-380.

Joe S. asked me about my SOI a week ago. That's when my current tuner told me he doesn't tune for it which... surprised me.

LME will only say, "...try not to spray our exhaust valve that much..."

If it's just a matter of finding this fueling table and entering another value, I can do it, but surely lower SOI will affect other aspects of the tune.

I plan to test in Nebraska next Saturday - but only if I'm comfortable with SOI and the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought you said your rail pressure was dropping... My bad.

If I recall the last tuner, then I'm sure the SOI was set-up for the last combination perfectly fine. If it's at 380*, it's higher than stock (I think that's 356* or something in that area), so it seems like you have headroom, as Jason already said (and he would know).

[33908] is the alcohol table I'm talking about. It's probably already set-up for NO alcohol, but that was the table I was talking about.

Out of curiosity - why don't you go back to the old tuner?... It seems like he's got more knowledge, as I don't know why your current one doesn't do SOI, when, as my understand is, is so important.
15" conversion/Weld/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass so far).
Alky Twin 10+10 MAF, 100% meth. No dyno or ET.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote