View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 01:31 PM   #76
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I finally bit the bullet and dropped off the Camaro at Tom Gibbs Chevrolet in my area. They are going to replace the AC Evaporator and install my new aluminum blend door for me while everything is out. I also asked them to replace the heater core as well because if that craps out down the road... everything has to come apart again and I do not want to spend $3k again to have the job done. Luckily I received a 15% off coupon in the mail that I will be using towards this repair. Should be ready by next week Tuesday.
Yeah I'm interested too to know how you got them to install a non oem part. I replace my blend door in 2020 for around $2100 with the heads up display windshield because they said they had to remove it to be done and mine had a bad crack across it. But that was on my other Camaro that had 150k mikes on it. Now my new Camaro has 133k on it so hopefully I have a little more time before the blend door goes again on this one. And if you don't mind posting a link where you purchased the aluminum door that would be cool too.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote