Thread: 888 or bust?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 03:43 PM   #1
UberTong

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1
888 or bust?

I have searched and scoured the forums and interwebz. The problem is that I've researched myself into going cross eyed and now I'm paralyzed. So, sorry to keep fishing in the empty barrel here...oh well, fight me if you're bumhurt.

I have a 2018 ZL1 M6. It makes just north of 700 to the tires, nothing wild but enough that I have a need for more traction.

I want the best of all worlds, which doesn't exist. I love having car that is a true drivers car ie it brakes, handles and goes fast in a line. This car is a Saturday night special for me...weekends, weather permitting, and car shows. I will never use the car up to its potential on the 'ring. Is there a tire that's nice and sticky and not a true 'DR'? Like the NT01 for example?

I'd like a tire that does the best overall of the following:
Traction
Noise
Performance (not just in straight line powahh)
Price (I'm fine at 888 $ if thats the verdict)

Is the 888 double the tire? I don't know...maybe so. But if they both hook up and are going to get shredded anyways, why not buy the cheap ones? Knowing I'll never track it, I just need it to not spin in the 3k miles per year I'll drive it...

1 - TOYO PROXES R888R 315/30/20
2 - Atturo Az850Dr Drag Radial Tire 315/30R20

PFA - Thank you, and commence the shizertalking. Tell me why you like the tire you have, is it too noisy, does it not matter because the traction is glorious, etc. Thank you!
Attached Images

UberTong is offline   Reply With Quote