View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:25 PM   #30
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Yea, Aaron wrote that LS7 head article - really solid info in there. He's got one he did on Lifter Preload you might find interesting as well - although in talking I'm confident you've got a pretty good grasp on it all. Sharing below for reference. I see you're semi-local to me, I'm near Syracuse. Obviously, GPI is a remote gig for me, but I very much enjoy being a part of that team - great products and great people.

If you're ever out this way, give me a shout and we should connect for a bite to eat and you can give me the low-down on Auto-x with the 5th gen. I used to do some in smaller FWD cars I've owned, and I have my SS on Watkins Glen and PineView, but never autox - the visibility and weight lead me to think it probably isn't super competitive.

https://gwatneyperformance.com/lifte...ont-hurt-will/
5th Gen 1LE's are pretty good for autocross, Z/28's are better. Visibility sucks in both compared to Miata's and whatnot. My car is tastefully modded, and I've done very well with it. Other than the visibility and the fact that they punish tires, they are quite capable.

6th gen SS 1LE's are ringers in the F-Street class. They are neck and neck with the new Mach 1, and at most large events you'll see a bunch of them.

If I do an event with the Finger Lakes Region SCCA, I'll let you know. They race at the Seneca Army Depot which is 30 minutes from Watkins Glen.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote