View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 01:39 PM   #32
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuzz00 View Post
To me it sounds strange to have to replace batteries in the key fobs after only four years.

I've got three older cars, a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD, a 2002 Camaro SS, and a 2004 Ram SRT-10 and I've never replaced the batteries in those key fobs and they still work fine.

It's possible that they don't have as many features as the newer Camaro so they are used less, but they do have remote lock/unlock, arm alarm features. Also these cars have very low original miles, so I guess the fact that they aren't used constantly also contributes to the long battery life.
Most if not all of those are not pushbutton start and/or can use proximity to unlock doors, they take a button push. The gen6 fob is basically always transmitting/receiving to allow those systems to function. Even if it used some sort of motion sensing tech to wake up it would still be using power through out the day as you walk around with it in your pocket.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote