View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 01:12 PM   #11
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I know what the difference is, but why do some Dynos consider themselves "heartbreaker" because they come in so low, and what method can you ACTUALLY use to determine how much real life HP and Torque you actually have?
Load bearing “Mustang” dynos are more accurate than inertia drum “Dynojet” ones in my experience. Dynojet numbers are always higher, so most guys like to use them for bragging rights. But the tune is generally lean once you get to the track. So I only use load bearing dynos for that reason…when I get to the track my tune is pretty much spot on, and I can back up my dyno number with a correlating improvement in trap speed. Furthermore you should be able to match up MAF airflow to estimated crank HP and then to measured WHP.

For example, my car reads 123 lbs/min of airflow on the MAF which is generally around 1230 HP at the crank. At 15% drivetrain loss, that’s 1045 WHP. My car actually dynoed 1059 WHP, so well within the margin of error.