View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 08:21 PM   #49
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
You clearly have no experience or knowledge in such matters. Probably just read a news article and decided to become infuriated.

If OnStar makes you that mad and if you disagree so hard with what I said, you really should also look into what your cell phone is tracking and all the things you actually do consent to simply by using the product.

Try taking some personal responsibility and learning about the things you use. OnStar is a communications and tracking system. Did you think it makes toast?

Oh cmon now, while I understand some of your points… and actually agree with not buying a GM if you don’t like Onstar. The fact is, I won’t buy a GM now, even if it didn’t have Onstar. I have long memory for bad business practices. And this pisses me off.

What people are upset about is the betrayal factor. No one reads the fine print on every single contract, electronic or otherwise. You’d have to be a lawyer to understand the implications of most of them. If GM put in bold letters or explicitly called out “we’re going to sell you driving data to the highest bidder and we really don’t give 2 sheets if it affects you or your insurance premium. As a matter of fact, we wouldn’t make any money if we weren’t stuffing it to you on all sides” Then, there’d be no complaints (or at least there shouldn’t be). But, unfortunately, they sell the product and its use outwardly hidden behind the guise of how it helps make you a better driver. It’s a benefit to you.

And for goodness sakes, please stop bringing up phones. We all know what they can track. Apples and Oranges…
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote