View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 12:00 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Tough problem, and not easy to isolate front vs rear because the 2SS doesn't use discs for the e-brake.
The squeal theoretically originates with the pad and some other surface, usually the rotor.
I would order new front and rear pads from amazon. Swap out the front ones first and see if the noise goes away. if not, then swap the rears. At the very least you will get to see what the face of your old pads looks like and maybe find the noise source.
There is always the possibility that the pads themselves are squealing due to a weak rivet or adhesive. You will never see that.

I swapped my stock pads for z26's and I'm not sure I used any assembly lube when I reinstalled. Never had a squeal.

And, please, no one flame me for saying I'm telling the Capt to "rip off" amazon. I'm saying to (maybe) return the unused rear pads if he doesn't need them. That's part of why prime offers free returns. it is a service you are paying for!
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Interesting that you didn't use any brake lube. Are the Brembo's different and don't need lube (I was under the impression that pretty much all brake pad should be lubed where they move. I may not have bedded mine enough, it really hard to find somewhere out here where you can do that many stops in relatively quick succession and not having to sit a light or get interrupted by other traffic...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote