View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 04:23 PM   #189
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work well to deter thieves? Has anyone put one of these in, how well did it work?

He says it works great, had it on since Aug '22 , doesn't mention any issues with the device (other than the windows have to be reset when you power the car off then back on) and he has been active on his replies , most recent reply to questions just a day ago - below is one example off of Amazon, there are quite a few different models available
Have you looked at the specs for that setup?

- Doesn't work once the temps drop below freezing by more than a few degrees

- Max current rating is 360A with a 200A rated continuous rating

How do the remotes work? For $25, I'm guessing you're not get rolling code security, and the thieves could likely just clone that at the same time as they clone your key.

Personally, hard pass based solely on the fact that I would have to carry yet another fob around with me. It's bad enough that I have three of those monsters already for the different vehicles in the house (and the one for the truck I can't even carry in my pants pocket because the buttons are constantly getting pressed and causing my doors to unlock unknowningly).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote