Thread: SC3 tire life
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 09:30 PM   #12
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
Would you mind sharing what hot pressures you are running? I was hopeful that MORE pressure would cause the centers to wear more. Is it in fact opposite of that?
I start at 24-27psi depending on how hot the ambient is. Target hot is 32-35psi.

If you have more than around -2 camber (I have always had -2.7 or more so ok might be higher) then you can wear the insides. Sidewalls are stiff on these tires (I would say even with SC3s in addition to SC3Rs) and they are wide enough that they concentrate in a broader way. I never had middle of the tire wear first ever, even at high 38+psi hot pressures..maybe a dozen sets of tires.

From the ZL1 1LE track manual: "Target track alignment camber angles are -2.7° front camber and -2.0° rear camber. These were developed to provide the most even usage of front and rear tires and maximum grip during track driving. It is suggested to start with adjusting the front camber first as there is greater range and resolution in the front camber adjustment."

At COTA -2.7 and I still had too much outside wear but grip was good. Its more even at -3.0 but can cord inside first. Kind of depends on the season and my driving. Cold mornings and the tires will roll over longer until they warm up.

Really good handling tweak guidance regardless of Camaro:

https://www.chevrolet.com/ownercente...prep-guide.pdf

Last edited by wakespeak; 03-23-2024 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Re read it
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote