Thread: SC3 tire life
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 10:13 PM   #9
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeAccount View Post
Promising to hear but.. Even when the inside wear holes disappear? There was some but now no more lol. Outside seems to have plenty of life but the inside edge seems like it’s about to cord after a few sessions ��
I saw that with too much camber. Also I run 0 toe in front which helps. Lastly too high tire pressure can wear the inside depending on camber/toe.

Inside wear can also indicate driving style. I have learned ("always learning") in terms of tire wear that, just like in pro racing "saving the tires" is part of it as you go faster at the track. Try to minimize relying on the front grip too much. Avoid pushing -ie sliding or understeer- the front end by shifting the weight forward with purpose at corner entry. Brake later, tap the brakes on slow speed, turn small connecting straights into full throttle events. On the gas/on the brakes.

If I feel the front end pushing out I am just burning up the tires and didn't hit the line correctly for that corner. The inside front tire will drag on the inner portion of the tire.