View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #40
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
if seriously considering the gt350, look at the MY19+ cars, as i believe they got some revisions to the motor that make them more reliable.
Yep, only getting a 19+. It's just really hard finding one with Recaro's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Good points. The 1LE has massive tire sizes compared to either the LT1 or the SS. And the stock Goodyear's are sticky except in the cold or the wet. I recall that OP has PS4S tires which aren't quite as sticky, but certainly better in the wet and in cooler temperatures than the Goodyear's.
The PS4s was on the GT350 I test drove. I have continental DWS06+ on right now. I actually have two sets of OE wheels, one with AS tires and one with the OE tires. The reason I have 2 sets is because I had the one set on my prior SS. That car would spin the OEM SS 1le wheels w Supercar 3's in 1st from a roll. I know I've mentioned spinning the tires a bunch but my biggest concern with the car is that it pushes me back in my seat on highway pulls less than I feel my standard SS did. I think because of what N Camarolina pointed out earlier in the thread. I just can't go backwards in acceleration feel even if it's technically still accelerating at the same rate. If it feels slow then I can't keep the car.

I know it will be brilliant around track and since I'm a novice it will be more enjoyable than the zl1 on track but I can afford to pay for 3-5 track days per year (I actually purchase the insurance so it literally costs me double to track my car versus folks who risk it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
Makes sense that the 1LE feels slower than the SS.
When I got the 275's tires for my LT1, it felt more civilized. The 245's run flat are dangerous with the V8. I could make it loose traction in 4th gear in the rain. (A10)

The GT350 is great, but they're all used now, beaten up, and that engine has Nicasil as cylinder liners. Anything happens and you need a new block.

Don't discard a new 24' Gt performance package. With a tune the coyote revs 8k and they're are fairly priced in the 40k range.
That's a pretty good deal to have a brand new M6 car that revs 8k whithout breaking the bank.
Considered it but at this point I have a vendetta against buying brand new cars as if I for any reason want/need to get rid of the car, the loss is too substantial to do so. I also despise the interior of the new Mustang (and a lot of other cars that just mount Ipads and call it an interior). You can throw a whipple on the gen iV coyote and run 9's all day. Curr mentioned oil pump gears and crank sprocket but that only tends to break if you are bouncing off the rev limiter which I am not that person. It's also cheaper to prevent those from breaking than it is to do a cam swap in our cars to prevent the lifters from taking a dump.

If I was mechanically inclined and could build engines, I would just throw a cam plus supporting mods in my 1le and screw the warranty because it's not super expensive finding a used engine or parts.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote