View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 07:47 AM   #28
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I don't think track mode throttle mapping would be different between the SS and the SS 1LE by default, but you should try the different PTM modes before concluding the 1LE is slower or more tame.

Is it possible you're remembering sport mode in the SS? I'm asking because track mode on my SS has perfectly linear pedal mapping, and we easily get desensiitized by sport mode where early pedal travel matters much more, e.g. 25% TPS translate to at least opening the throttle blade at least to 50-60%.
I’m 99% sure whenever I did highway pulls in my 16, if I did it in track from 3500 rpm it pulled harder than sport. Maybe it’s placebo? Sport mode felt better down low and I still feel sport mode feels better down low in the new car.

I tried ptm sport 2 and track to see if I could get it to be rowdy. Also I’m on all seasons. Granted they have full tread but I’m shocked it can’t spin the tires in first from a roll. Sometimes I can get them to spin only if I go WOT right where the LT1 makes peak torque. I never “have fun” until the tire temp indicator has been blue for a while or I usually wait till green. I used to wait awhile in my 16 as well because I don’t think it’s safe to go wot on cold tires.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote