View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 09:45 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanOne View Post
So I think you misunderstand, he is not talking about improvements of any hardware that exists on the car (changing the HUD would require reprogramming at a min and new hardware to move it around). He is talking about the after market Garmin system which has no interaction currently with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Hardware wise, I'd love something that is similar to the Race Capture Track V2 (not the V3). Small and light accelerometer puck that can be mounted nearly anywhere quickly and non-permanently (like velcro to carpeting). Separate GPS antenna. OBD connection reading CAN. It has to be CAN (with as many presets as possible). If it's just basic OBD PIDs, who cares?

I'd like it to connect connect via bluetooth to multiple devices on multiple platforms because I'd want to use with Solostorm running on an Android tablet for logging and review and iOS on my phone with a Catalyst-like display doing Catlyst-like coaching while running.

If it doesn't give me anything I can't do now with a Race Capture Track V2 plus tablet plus external video camera of my choosing, I'm not going to be interested.

If it's under $500, I'll buy it. If it's $501-$750, I'll have to see it in action and be convinced it's "better" (but I'll almost certainly buy it anyway in a late night or early morning "ef it"). If it's over $750, I'll buy one...used at something far south of $750 or go without.
good info. I'll pass this along. thanks!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote