View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 08:56 AM   #11
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
I think the big open question is the attempt to change the definition of muscle cars. If Dodge can sell motorheads on the idea that an AWD EV is a muscle car, the next logical step of a proud lineage of hemi driven power they might be successful.

Of course they have to figure out a solution to the cost issue, but at least at that point they might have a significant number of people who would be interested in buying, even if they can’t afford to.

I’m not a super smart consultant who gets paid big money to speak to auto execs, but I have been a muscle car fan and speed freak for about 50 years now.

I’ll be surprised if many folks who grew up lusting after a Chevelle SS, or a 69 Charger, or a 67 GTO see this as an appealing alternative. I think sales will be lackluster and eventually the usual suspects will chip in and explain that Dodge never intended to sell many of these because…reasons.
I don't know why some people are so agitated. Take a chill pill. That hurricane 6 cyl sounds great if it's reliable. I'll go try to find more info on it now. In AWD it is finally doing what Audi and BMW have been doing a LONG time and I can say from a stoplight losers prospective AWD in a 400+ package will win over much higher hp in rear wheel drive only on a typical streel, not a super sticky VHT prepped smooth concrete with fresh rubber laid down and heated rear slicks. The latter is all good but who of us has access to that to enjoy our cars? I see the top speed is capped at 135mph, that's low but it's only a number, same thing who has access to roads to allow more than that? I can say I've not in my high HP Camaro, it can go over 200mph but it could have the capability to go the speed of sound but what good is that to me? Bragging rights? I'm too old to give a damn about that. I'll stick to a melted jellybean and appreciate the now OOOOOLD school supercharged v8s on e85 Edit : slicks hellcat getting walked by plaid

Last edited by silversleeper; 03-07-2024 at 11:56 AM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote