View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 05:45 PM   #35
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Did you ever check your fuel for water? If you have too much water going into the cylinder, the head would lift when it hydrolocked causing the coolant to leak out. This is going to be a sticky mess if they diagnose it as bad fuel, though, because then it technically won't be under warranty. So be careful bringing it up!

Also, I would never reinstall a head without machining it 0.005. Even a brand new one. Get that PERFECT surface on it. Maybe talk them into letting you throw some GMPP ported stock heads on it?

-Geoff
Good point, as I've stated, that was the first thing I told them to do - test the gas. I got Top Tier 91 octane gas, tho, so there isn't anything GM could say since I followed their recommendation (we don't have 93 octane Top Tier near me). I also follow the AC Delco gas treatment per oil change recommendation.

I don't think they even disassembled the head while they had it off, if they did, they didn't tell me and it seemed to go back on pretty quickly after I saw it.

My hope is for a resolution that recreates a sealed factory engine in terms of reliability. It makes enough power for me, as my build log shows, I am making it more comfortable, not quicker. That said, after 100k mi, then fun can be had if there's no more warranty and this is no longer my daily.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote