View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 12:07 PM   #14
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Chains/dealers are always about how to wring every last cent out of a customer, they don't care about customer retention as if you had a better place to take the car you'd have gone there and 99% of people don't know the difference between the cabin air filter and the oil filter anymore leaving them ripe for scamming.

Find a good reputable local owned mechanic in your area, if you don't have one ask around a family member/friend/coworker will know one. Mine backs up all his work, if a repair doesn't work I either only pay for parts replaced or nothing for the actual repair, if the part/repair fails 6 months later I pay nothing for it to be fixed again.

They don't do transmissions so they recommended a shop for my wife's car when it died, when we got it back it had a bunch of codes for abs/stablitrack popping up, the transmission shop said were there to begin with, took it back to my mechanic, 1 tire sensor was unplugged near the transmission that could have easily been done during the repair, no charge for the "fix" and he called the transmission shop to let them know they messed up.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote