View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 03:30 AM   #1
GermanZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Question Anderson Composites TYPE-OE ZL1 Hood or OEM ZL1 Hood?

Yesterday i wanted to order a OEM ZL1 Hood because my car came without the OEM Hood when i bought it.
But after comparing prices i realised that it would be cheaper to get the Anderson Composites TYPE-OE Carbon Hood + TYPE-OE Carbon Hood insert since i am from Germany.

A tuning parts website in Germany wants 4533€/4881$ for Anderson Composites TYPE-OE Carbon Hood + TYPE-OE Carbon Hood insert (including shipping).
And if i would order the OEM Hood + Anderson Composites TYPE-OE Carbon Hood insert it would cost me 4808€/5175$ (including shipping and import fees for the hood).
So around 300€/$ more.

I havent seen a lot of people with the Type-OE ZL1 Hood. Besides the not so nice looking heat shield is there any reason to order the OEM Hood instead of the Type-OE ZL1 Hood which i don't think about?

Would you buy the TYPE-OE Carbon Hood or the OEM Hood?

Also got some questions about the Anderson Composites TYPE-OE Carbon Hood.

Do you really need hood pins? Since i drive on the Autobahn it is not rare for me to go 160mph for a couple miles (faster isnt fun in the 1LE) so i think i definitely need them.
I havent seen any pictues of the Type-OE Hood from the underside. How do people apply the heat shield with this hood? Only place i can think about is on the sides.
Has anybody thought about putting a matte PPF on the Carbon Hood and clear PPF on the Hood insert? Keeping the oem look of the matte hood.
GermanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote