View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 11:49 AM   #219
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Would you post more details, such as photos, diagrams? Maybe others can benefit from your experience as well.
That's the plan, to have a DIY thread with photos, acdelcotds PDFs, schematic, parts list, etc.

Just taking longer than expected. My buddy is a former professional audio/alarm installer, he's pretty thorough. I couldn't do this without him. He's got a lot of obligations so I have to work around his schedule and availability to help. We spent a number of hours last Sunday looking things over on the car and on acdelcotds, dabbled with the PTS button, determined the ground on the PTS module is only for LEDs... , determined we need the momentary reset button to be "make" not "break" circuit, went out for more colors of wire so everything isn't just red or black, played with different modes on the timer boards, etc. So, with these lessons learned, once we get all the right parts/pieces, we'll resume work again on a weekend. Then we'll get into the physical placement of the siren, the boards, the reset button, tucking away the real OBD, etc.

If all of that was figured out in advance and documented well enough, I expect it could be a 2-3 hour install, the worst part is getting under the dash to access the BCM area. Most of the circuit assembly with the boards and siren can done on a bench, if you have a 12 VDC/ground source to test with. We'll try to use posi-taps and avoid splicing to the extent possible.

Incidentally, I had a seam on my seat pulling apart near the driver's seatbelt. I took it in for warranty, and I wasn't expecting the service manager guy to plug some wireless collection module thing into my OBD for an upholstery issue... so if you install something like this, be cognizant of what can happen ANY time you take your car for any service. I'm sure the siren would have startled him, for sure, and if I wasn't there, the car would be dead in the service lane.

Last edited by Capricio; 02-09-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote