View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 09:15 PM   #13
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Testing, testing....1,2,3....With the new mods I knew I would have some learning to do to keep up with the car. I watched khcoaching's track videos to help me set cues on track for target speeds, braking points and adjusted lines. The first track day of the year for me was towards the end of May (I was also recovering from shoulder surgery though most of the spring). With the alignment set to -3.5 front and -2.7 rear with a little toe in both the front and back (at khcoachings recommendation), the car was amazingly stable. I was amazed right away at how planted the car felt at speed. I warmed up during the first session and then in the early afternoon dropped a full second over my PB. I was running the RE71Rs to just use them up and did just that. They got thoroughly cooked by the end of the day.

I ran a couple more track days in June, but they were busy events, so I ran the RS4sand saved the new SC3R tires for a good day. That day came about a month and half later at the start of July. A fantastic day with Turn2 at the Ridge gave me a chance to really push and boy howdy!! I had never run 100TW before but holy smokes! All my braking points and corner speeds seemed like nothing. I reviewed my data throughout the day and set a couple of new targets.*I really pushed braking points, upped mid corner speeds, and was able to just mat the throttle on most corner exits!!
https://youtu.be/SVQu41ovEhU?si=Xy6IrsLWbVzp__os*A

A couple weeks later I picked up a spare APR GTC-300 wing khcoaching came across and tossed it on the car. To balance it out, I bolted on some knock off ZLE canards and went back out. I lost ~4mph on the front straight, but man was it stable at speed. I felt I could almost go through turn one with just a brush of the brakes (probably not though…). I lost a half second on the straight from the drag of the wing and the canards, but immediately made that time back in the 1-5 complex.

A nice cool fall day gave me a prime chance to reset my PR (again) and I didn’t let myself down. I carved off another ~0.8 seconds and finished the season with a 1:46:37, happy as a clam! (although I forgot to turn on the PDR!!!)

Name:  11BC_CG_Turn2_MCMD_2023_0817-9.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  180.3 KB
Name:  11BC_CG_Turn2_MCMD_2023_0817-7.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  148.4 KB
Name:  11BC_CG_Turn2_MCMD_2023_0817-1.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  171.6 KB

That brings us to this fall where I starting tearing things apart again.....I had some more ideas for carbon fiber bits, plus I bought a 3D printer......
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote