Thread: EV Evalauation
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 08:18 AM   #40
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
I'm honestly not sure what your point is. You know a guy who drives a Tesla in Scotland and is able to keep up with some random folks who drive other cars?

Does this mean that EVs don't have range issues? Does it mean they aren't more expensive than ICE vehicles? Does it mean installing a home charger is inexpensive? Does it mean EVs can recharge quickly? Does it mean they're no longer more expensive to repair? Does it mean they're no longer more expensive to insure? Does it mean their batteries no longer use rare earth metals the extraction of which is super polluting?

Or does it just mean that some random folks somewhere who drive around in fast cars and there's an EV that joins them?

Back when I was a Harley rider we would occasionally let a guy on a rice rocket join us, but we never forgot he was on a rice rocket and we were on Harleys.

Hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.
I think his point is that the 500 mile drive driving hard through hills and curves is similar to an extended track day and that the Tesla Plaid was able to do it. At least that’s what I got out of it. Then there’s this video from Throttle House comparing track performance of a Tesla Model 3 Performance, a BMW M2, and an Audi RS3. The video is 4 years old.

TLDW the Tesla holds its own, outperforming one of them and within 0.5 seconds of the other. No discussion of the car being unable to repeat the session due to battery drain or brake fade or any of the other logical reasons. And this was 4 years ago. The Model 3 Performance has improved a lot since then. Some of that improvement delivered to existing owners in over the air updates. EV’s can’t track. Myth busted.

https://youtu.be/9Pu9046wX9g?si=XpRQ-x2YVGwXepXr

The base prices of the cars on TH Fast List:

1LE:$50,895
Mustang GT: $46,210
M2 Comp: $63,200
Model 3 Perf: $42,740
Civic Type R: $44,795
Audi RS3: $61,700
Veloster N: $33,595
VW Golf R: $46,890

EVs are more expensive than similar ICE cars. Myth busted.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 01-17-2024 at 08:46 AM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote