View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 12:37 PM   #56
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLElvira View Post
After looking at a lot of alternatives... I decided to make my own expansion tank, but wanted to make sure the cap was pressure regulated to allow for thermal expansion. None of the systems currently available to my knowledge have a pressure cap, just an o-ring/gasket sealed cap.

I do plan to expand my heat exchanger cooling system as soon a ONE MORE OF YOU GET ON THE SOCAL.M6.ZLE LIST!!! What'cha' waiting for?!??

SO... in light of needing the expansion of fluid in the near future, I spent hours scouring the internet for different models of tanks. I wanted it to be clear, so when at the track... I could see the fluid moving. I also did not want aluminum mounted to the radiator fan or in front of the radiator support, as I knew it would just be more weight ahead of the front wheels. Having the expansion tank HIGHER than the bricks means all the bubbles rise to the tank and never are ingested by the pump. The tank I used is from the 2003/04 Ford SVT Cobra Mustang... nice to have found a part developed specifically for the intercooling expansion rates. Below is a video explaining my thought process and the madnehs of making the bracket. ENJOY!!

Oh yeah... I also removed the heat shield pan from under the hood and that alone did more to drop the MATs than expanding the cooling system.

Great video David.... I am going to consider a similar change to my hood cover! I also agree... I need one more person, and some contact info so i can make my first production run of custom crash bars
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote