View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 11:58 AM   #65
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMobileLT1 View Post
As a lover of the manual M6, since they are about that 20% of recent Camaro's as noted, it is tempting to think that they will be worth more because they are rarer.
However, of course it really comes down to are there more M6 buyers chasing whatever of that smaller 20% manuals are being sold vs how many A10 buyers are chasing the larger 80% of automatics being sold.
And as manuals get rarer, so probably will the number of manual buyers - especially as EVs become more common fewer young drivers will ever even experience a manual.
And of course does resale value really matter that much to this audience? - *except* for bragging rights of course!

Why would you sell when there is no new Camaro to buy/upgrade into unless you are buying another used one (and I'm glad they are still making the Mustang GT but I wouldn't trade my LT1 even straight up for 2024 Dark Horse) - so I'm planning to try to hold onto my Camaro as long as I can!
I have never owned a Camaro with two pedals,including the three in my Signature. A few years ago i bought a Mini Clubman S with manual from a dealer locally, i got a great price they couldn't give it way.. because as a daily driver you would just be slipping the clutch in traffic everywhere. Performance Camaro's are not usually daily'd, but to your point young people can't drive stick, you can rountinely see signs in front of valet places stating " won't park manual trans cars"
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote