View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 11:56 PM   #14440
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Well, not today, but tomorrow, installing some RST P1X Lowering Springs from Phastek... Supposed to give a 1.25" drop on MRC cars... I'll be sure to get some before and afters... When I went from my stock SS wheels/tires to 1LE spec wheels/tires, I picked up about a 1/2" of wheel gap (and I thought the gap was a little excessive before the new wheels/tires) so hoping this will look really good and give the car a very aggressive stance... I still want some fender/tire gap but just nowhere what I have now (which is only maybe 0.50" to 0.75" more than my buddies 1LE), I just don't want it to look like a ricer with the tires all up in the wheel wells, but I don't think that will be the case...

So, I found out today that some of the bolts that need to be removed on the rear are in fact TTY (Torque-to-Yield (i.e. Single Use)) bolts, so that added about $60 to the project... Funny on all the install videos no one ever mentions replacing the bolts (and I'm sure many don't) but I'm going to just to do things per the Service Manual... (I'm still short 1 bolt but picking that up in the morning...)

After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...

Last edited by 2SS Capt; 12-13-2023 at 12:08 AM.
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote