View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 07:51 AM   #9
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Small updates, sold the CF hood, e85 kit, and the Recaro’s I had previously.

Now for the bad news,

No clue where it’s coming from, coolant looks fine and I don’t see any oil residue in the engine bay but the oil spots are still on the driveway so

Last oil change was 10/01/23 from the dealership and only realized now it’s coming from the car as I saw the oil spots after multiple rainy days and thought that’s definitely not right. One of the only times I’m glad for the Ring system (even if it barely works)

Made an appointment at the dealership, preparing myself to be out of a car for a while but hoping not
Found oil underneath my brand new 2023 2 weeks ago. Had taken it in for the 500 mile oil change 3 weeks prior to that. I went underneath the car and noticed the oil filter was very oily. It was tight. Oil was also all over the silver crossbar thing.

Took it back to the dealer a few days later. They said there was a crimp in the oil filter that caused it to leak. Whether that was true idk for sure. But we both got our oil changed in October. Maybe they shipped out a bad batch if yours winds up being the same thing.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote