View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 12:41 AM   #14
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
To answer a few questions…it is mostly high speed decel where the brakes feel inadequate.

I need to correct my info on the brake fluid, it is Castro SRF. The only thing we have not done is run out the gy sc tires and swap over to sc r.

Part of our quandary Is coming from a 3000# c5 that had 620hp and a big brake kit that allowed it to go deep in the corners. The first thing noticeable with the ZL1 even when I first purchased it and it “only” was at 750 hp was how fat it felt compared to the Z06.

Yes, it handled better, but still was a chore to slow it down.

We probably do more straight line events with 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile as well as street driving, but all you guys saying the stock brakes are fine with just better pads and upgraded fluid are probably not making this kind of power.

The previous Z06 would run down the same straight at close to 150 before needing to brake and if we ran this car to the same spot we’d be at 170. It’s a big ole, overpowered girl.

I did have several guys at sema running in the optima street car challenge say they swapped over to the C7 carbon setup and that helped as well as a few manufactures said they would shoot us some info on their big brake setup.

I’m guessing we will not find something that is night and day difference like we did with the c5 wilwood big brake kit but it was quite an improvement.
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote