View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:40 AM   #4
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
I have had canned Phastek tune after headers, a Dyno Tune whan my Blower was installed, and remote tunes from a few Tuners that are on the C5 forum.

Have you tuned your Camaro either remotely or by email?
Remotely, and by Email

What year, trim, and modification do you have and what company did you get your tune from?
2010 SS with Whipple, Cam, and assorted performance items. First remote tune from a well known tuner on this site, it did nothing to fix my hot start issue, had me chasing non existent issues, and the guy gave up after a few attempts! Told me to go fix my car, and I was out a good chunk of $$.
Then engaged Ted Jannety, wow what a pro. He is more than a nice Web Site, just check out his proven build packages. Had me change some specific parts, conduct numerous datalogs, and load increasingly refined tunes until he was satisfied with the Log results.

There are many capable devices to choose from. What device did you select and what made it an attractive option? Example, a handheld device like SCT, Diblo, EFI Live, HP Tuners. Or did you opt for an email tune?
I have had a SCT, it bricked. Went to HP Tuners MPVI3, it is a much better set-up and great software. Used it to pull ECM and FSCM data, Data Log, and Load Tunes.

Are you happy with how it turned out?
Elated with the results, transformed my car from a Brick to a Beast. Jannety knew exactly what to do to fix my start issue, and picked up a good chunck of HP and TQ in the process.

What are your opinions on remote tuning and what recommendations would you make to other Camaro owners wanting to do this?
There are simple "canned" remote Tunes and Tuners ("TOONERS"), some good tuners, and then outstanding PRO tuners out there. DO THE RESEARCH FIRST, as I learned. For a remote tune, esp ON A MODIFIED CAR, the tuner should ask for you to pull your ECM and FSCM data for analysis, recommend any parts mods, furnish you with their detailed Channel and Layout data acquisition items they need for analysis, have you Data Log with specific driving instructions, and furnish you with increasingly refined tunes.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote