View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 07:59 AM   #32
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anslkyn View Post
I see dyno numbers as a valuable tool for tuning and understanding the capabilities of a car.

The well-calibrated dyno that I go for provides accurate and repeatable measurements of horsepower and torque. And this really helps me compare different parts and modifications, and diagnose performance problems.

Ok, while it is possible for dyno numbers to be manipulated, this is usually only done by unscrupulous operators... A reputable dyno shop will use calibrated equipment and follow standard procedures to ensure that the results are accurate.

In the case with your C7 Corvette,I suppose that the long tube headers and no cats did not provide a significant increase in horsepower on the dyno, but they did improve the car's performance at the track. This is because the headers and cats can also improve the car's exhaust flow and scavenging, which can lead to better performance at high RPM.

Additionally, your experience with the LT1/87mm intake manifold and the MSD/95mm intake manifold is consistent with what I would expect. The MSD intake manifold is a larger volume intake manifold, which can improve airflow at high RPM. However, it can also reduce torque at low RPM. This is why your car ran slower at the track with the MSD intake manifold, even though it lost torque on the dyno...
I understand what you’re saying but I would be surprised if many on this forum have more experience with dyno and track time than laynlo.

I can hypothesize how this can be true. These controllers are setup on delivering torque delivery more than any other before it. The strip provides an array of different load throughout the interval. Do you have different cam timing, ignition timing, fuel mixture in second than 4th gear? I think so.

The dyno makes it difficult to fully simulate. Just a thought