View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 03:26 PM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
it all depends what you are doing, a street driver with maybe some mild track action can get away with tighter clearance vs something that is going to road race or run the Texas mile. 2nd, FI and / or meth and / or E85 can add heat load and will need more clearance. I forgot what I set mine at but it is FI and E85. .007 is way too tight off the top of my head. I think I set my top ring at .022 but I'll leave it to others who have build more LT1 and /or actually racing their rides.

My car does not seem to burn much oil say 1/2 quart between 5000 mile oil changes, street driven (but pretty hard on it). I thought it would burn more and have more piston slap with the forged pistons, but nope seems to run fine.

You really need a ring grinding tool, doing it with a vice and a file is pain and take WAY more time.

https://www.wiseco.com/auto/wiseco-a...bout-ring-gap/
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote