Thread: ZL1 on Order
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 09:56 PM   #24
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Congratulations! Sorry you didn't get the Summit White one. But at this point just being able to purchase a manual ZL1 without a sunroof is a win.

I recall reading in one of your previous posts that the dealership in UT wouldn't allow you to have a carrier pick up the car from the dealership. They instead want you to pick it up and transfer it to a carrier. That's very odd. I've purchased three cars from out of state dealerships without seeing the car in person and had them shipped to me, including the ZL1 I purchased a couple of weeks ago. All those dealerships were accommodating in the process. Having to travel there and back and pay a carrier to move the car certainly adds to the cost and if it was me would piss me off.
No one of the guys was wrong. I set up shipping but I do not have to be there. I will fly out and take delivery of keys and walk the car and check it all out. They will store it and when shipper comes they will load. I want to go up anyways and check it all out. I have so many miles it is free for me to fly anyways. I have a good connection with shipping. It will be $800 for enclosed carrier. I’ll pay the extra for it to go inside. As for the Summit White I’m actually excited about the black. It will get an Xpel package and Ceramic Coating right away. I don’t drive it daily and it will never see rain and it is parked in the garage so it will be just fine.