View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 06:07 AM   #36
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Interesting, I have 2" Kooks headers, GESI high flow cats, and AWE resonated touring catback and have ZERO drone. It is loud though. Not sure if its because you didn't have resonators or if the ARH headers have a different exhaust note.
I’ve got the exact same setup as Zoh6 and it sounds AWEsome ()!! 2” Kooks -> GESI Cats -> AWE resonators-> AWE Touring. The result is a both deep and loud, but not obnoxiously loud, which was one of my concerns going with LT headers. I added the G-Sport GESI cats because of the additional sound dampening as well as odor control. I also purchased & have (on the shelf) the Jones X pipe muffler that was referenced by many as helping keep the “loudness” from getting out of hand. For now, I’m leaving it on the shelf as the Z sounds phenomenal. IMO, If you’re considering a true muscle car sound, this setup is spot on.

Prior to this, I had stock headers -> stock primary cats -> AWE Performance Link Pipes (secondary cat delete) -> AWE resonators-> AWE Touring. TBH, it sounded outstanding as well. Louder and deeper than stock for sure. If you have / choose this option, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all. Overall, AWE has been a solid improvement. Keep us updated and good luck!!
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote