View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 09:42 AM   #12
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdave18629 View Post
Great info, thank you. Sounds like I need to do some serious shopping. I am too tall for a Cayman/Boxter but the 911 has room. Sat in a few but haven't driven one since the 996. Congrats and enjoy
I would say, don't undervalue the engine / exhaust sound. Drive a *bunch* of 911's.

The 991.1 (2012-2016) are still naturally aspirated and have that classic Porsche flat six howl / clatter all the way through the rev range. That said, they do not have that low end turbo grunt, and are noticeably slower that the 2017+ cars until they hit 4500RPM+. This is the reason I went with the 991.2 cars.

The 991.2 / 992 (2017+) still have that flat six noise, but it's been muted by the turbo's on the exhaust. Until you get up in the rev's... around 5k+. You get more turbo whoosh and whistle than you do engine noises below that. I call my car the 'angry vacuum cleaner'.

Finding a manual will be a chore. And expect to pay for it, but it's an exceptional transmission. I bought mine with the notion of daily driving it (just passed 4k miles since June), so I'm ok with "just a PDK". That said the PDK is ludicrously fast when you want it to be, and gentle around town when you want it to be.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote