View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 03:44 PM   #2
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
To further prove my point, I had a friend contact HP Tuners today with the following question.

Quote:
I'm interested in logging data from my 2023 Camaro SS 6.2, and I'm trying to figure out what I would need. I see the MPVI3 has standalone logging which is important because I only have a desktop computer. If I'm not flashing the ECM, do I need to buy credits too? Please let me know what I need to make this work.
Of course, they forgot to mention in their response that their MPVI3 doesn't work for standalone logging at all on the 2023 Camaro. It's not negligence, it's criminal. They are fully aware what this potential customer asked for would not work at all.

Quote:
Good Afternoon,

To create a custom tune for your 2023 Chevy Camaro SS you will need to purchase an MPVI3 with VCM Suite Software which costs $399.99 and purchase 4 universal credits which cost $49.99 each to license the vehicle to the MPVI3. If you would like to log a Wide Band O2 sensor with a 0-5v output I would recommend that you purchase Pro Link Cable.
You can purchase the MPVI3, credits and pro link cable here https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/
We offer custom tuning software (tools) that the professional tuner shop or hardcore enthusiast uses to create their own custom tunes.
While the MPVI3 (which comes with VCM Suite, VCM Editor, and a programming cable) provides full tuning support for your vehicle, it does not include any base/canned tunes, nor can we provide any specific guidance when it comes to tuning.

You can, however, buy the MPVI3 and use it to collaborate with your favorite professional tuner--even if that tuner shop isn't local to you.
If both you and the shop you are working with have an MPVI device, they can serve you via email.

The MPVI3 gives you the flexibility to work with a professional tuner or tune the vehicle yourself--if you aspire to do so.
Furthermore, places like The Tuning School offer books and training if you are looking for specific guidance.

With that noted, the MPVI3 comes with everything you need, minus credits.
The device, cable, and software (tuning software and scanning software) are $399.99

It will run on any reasonably modern Windows 10 machine.
(4+ GB of RAM, small to mid-sized laptop, Surface Pro, etc)

At the point of purchase or any time thereafter, you can add credits to cover the license fee for each VIN you tune, but you only consume credits (license fee) the first time you tune a new vehicle.
You can then tune that car for free after the initial credit consumption; you are not charged for making additional tuning revisions.

Most vehicles are 2 credits and credits are $49.99 each, though some vehicles are 4 credits, 6 credits, or 8 credits.
The complete list of applications and credits consumed for each is here: https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

This "pay as you go" is far better for the pro and for the casual tuner, as you do not have to come thousands of dollars out of pocket for tuning software.
If a shop does thousands of tunes, they will buy thousands of licenses.
If you only need to tune 2 cars, you will only buy 2 licenses.
HP Tuners is infinitely scalable!

You can buy the MPVI3 here: https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/

You can add credits during checkout or you can buy them after you receive the device by creating a login at www.HPTuners.com and adding your device under "My Devices".

Once the device is added to your profile, simply click "Add Credits".

Training:
HP Tuners focuses on developing the best custom tuning software possible.
Though we support the functionality of the tool, we do not teach tuning theory, nor do we create base or "startup" calibrations.
However, there are many resources available to you if you'd like to learn how to tune.

First, there is the HP Tuners forum. Many shops and enthusiasts post their tuning experiences, exchange files and help each other out in the HP Tuners forum.
This is a valuable, free resource that we hope you use!
You can register here: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/forum.php

We can not overstate the value of the HP Tuners forum.
Many shops and enthusiasts are eager to help!

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote