View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 01:41 PM   #1
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
PSA HP Tuners Standalone Logging Doesn't Work with Newer Camaros

I just wanted to let folks know that that standalone logging feature that HP Tuners markets as a primary feature for the MPVI2+ or MPVI3 device does not work at all with the 2023 Camaro. You can't even log one channel for more than a second. It's completely non-functional.

Under supported vehicles, the 2023 Camaro 6.2 is listed with no disclaimers about the standalone logging feature. I've tried the standalone logging with both of my 2023 Camaros and neither work. I also tried it on a 2022 Silverado 2500HD Diesel and it didn't work. On my 2017 Camaro, it works perfectly fine. It's possible other vehicles are non-functional as well, but this is what I know for sure.

I originally reported this issue to HP Tuners in May of this year (ticket #102145). They worked with me long enough to confirm it wasn't working, but then basically have done nothing since. They haven't made fixing the bug a priority nor have they made any attempt to disclose to future customers that the feature does not work. It's certainly undertstandable to have issues, but they need to do the right thing and not act like vehicles are fully supported when they clearly aren't.

I pulled this screenshot from their website today (9/22/23). They still promote this feature as if it works universally in spite of knowing since May that it doesn't.
Name:  Hp Tuners Ad.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  154.3 KB

If anyone else is having the same issue, please help me put some pressure on HP Tuners to get this working. If they can make it work with a laptop, it stands to reason that they can make it work standalone. It's not always convienent to have a laptop out on the road course.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote