View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 09:36 PM   #68
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I managed to get 18x12s on, just barely. Now we'll see if the local discount tire will mount the 295/35/18 REs for me... If I can get them mounted in time I'll be able to try them out this Saturday.
FWIW, our local tire guru (Dave Whitworth, proprietor of Solo Performance Specialties) says it's actually easier to mount the REs on wider rims like that. This is the same combo he runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis
In retrospect, I kinda wish I ran the CRS since I was more confident in how they felt. They feel like a slightly sharper Yokohama, which I am very familiar with. ...here is my fastest run on Friday...You can see how uneasy I am with all the little corrections (on the Bridgestones).
I'm not at your driving level, but I had the same experience with my Bridgestones (285/35/19 on 19x10/11s) at Nats (I was FS 96). I just felt like I couldn't go into anything with confidence, and where I tried to rely on them I was skating. I didn't get that feeling at Spring Nats on the same site on the same set of tires, but they were sticker-new at that event (first runs ever on them were four TnT laps the day before). They also didn't feel uneasy like that at the Peru National Tour or on my home asphalt lot two weeks before Nationals.

I don't understand what's going on with them, but it's making me dangerously close to trying the Nankangs. I would have to hold my nose to buy tires made in China for $60 more (each) than Bridgestones, but that may be where I'm headed. It was disappointing to trophy at both tours I entered and not at Nats.