View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 10:47 PM   #57
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I just posted the magazine links so not sure what you mean…? Same magazine tested both cars for the numbers I posted.

I’ll take the extra 110 HP and better blower with way less heat soak. The GT500 will give you the same performance, back to back, since the 2650 blower is superior to the 1740. If you love road course work I can see the attraction the ZL1, but most people don’t and will take the faster & more powerful car. I love the Alpha chassis…so much that I have way more money into it than I’ll admit but it definitely performs. But the GT500 is a heck of a car…simply a better platform for big power. Guess it depends how far down the rabbit hole you plan on going.
I know we’re arguing about a couple of tenths here and there in a dig race but I think that 3.2 second time mentioned in that article is a typo. If you look at the actual motor trend tests they are 3.7 seconds and 3.6 seconds.

I’ve played with a couple of GT500s on the street (with no traffic) at speeds below 65 mph and we’ve been neck and neck. We’re both traction limited at lower speeds anyway.

I’m not saying the ZL1 has a better engine or blower or anything, just that the ZL1 is a better overall platform from the factory because with 110 less horsepower it keeps up with the much more powerful GT500 on a track (and for a few seconds, in the straights), due to a better engineered chassis, 250 less pounds, better weight distribution, and better overall engineering of the suspension.

But yes, the predator engine has a ton of potential with the better/bigger blower and much better intercooling.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote