View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 07:08 PM   #169
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Thanks for the input guys, it is appreciated, and a lot of it is correct, I definitely agree that I could do more to change my driving style, and I was attempting to do that, however, as I found out, I really do not like the idea of having to drive perfectly in order to not induce ice mode, the fact of the matter is that as I push the car, there are times where I’m going to make a mistake, and either transition too quickly due to lack of attention, or being forced into transitioning too quickly, because I have driven in to deep into the corner (this happened and I got ice mode very quickly as a result) and I really don’t think I should have to worry about mice mode because of that, it really takes the fun out of the experience for me always having that in the back of my mind and experiencing it as often as I do.

I have no doubt that this would work for other people who are more patient than I am and more dedicated I am, however, at the end of the day, this is about having fun, and unfortunately I’m not having fun anymore.

I’m not actually going to sell the car, but I am sticking with my plan of getting a C8 Z06 in a few years, at which time I may start tracking again.