View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 02:31 PM   #84
Tbone98

Drives: 2023 Sierra AT4, 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhorton View Post
Every person's situation is different. I've got a 24 camaro 2ss on order that has a build week of Sept 18th. I work at GM myself. When the car comes in I can either write a check for the car or write a check for the dealership. With the unemployment rate at like 3.5%, there's jobs everywhere. I believe this time they will let the members work a second job and get strike fund of $500 a week. I'm in trades and when we went on strike last time I had a new job within 8 hours and never even took a strike check. We had some trades last strike that didn't come back. Lots of production workers are temps that have no loyalty to the union or company and have no reason to stay. Amazon is hiring down the street with higher wages and benefits. The company isn't in a great place to strong arm the workers. Our machinery is designed to run 24/7. When we have a weekend off, we run like shit for a week. Last strike it took months to get our production numbers back to where they were supposed to be between the morale of the workers and break downs and people forgetting how to do their job.
Great insight. You, and others motivated like you will surely be fine. Though there are a lot not as motivated. Like you said, everyone's situation is different.

Last edited by Tbone98; 08-29-2023 at 03:26 PM.
Tbone98 is offline   Reply With Quote