View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 08:09 PM   #57
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
They do come in 4 rim diameters and 13 total different sizes:

I don't see a spec for tread depth, but I can't imagine they would design these with less than the SCCA-minimum 7/32"

Now the other thing that might exclude them is 13.3.A.3:

That guide seems to require a login, so I can't tell if these are found there or not. I'm guessing not. So it may still be accurate that they won't be allowed this year...in Street classes.

However, the CAM rules don't require either of those stipulations. They just have to be UTQG 200+ and not on the CAM exclusion list. So Dave, it looks to me like you can use them today.
Sounds good to me, except the sizes are lacking as many of them are preorder with a November estimated delivery date. So once all of the sizes are available they would be legal for street classes.

The contingency races they chose seem to indicate they are going for best ax tire, but it doesn't seem like the CRS V2 is faster than Yoks or REs, so I remain skeptical on the Vitour tires, will definitely be using the REs already ordered. It would be nice to have a 315 if they can match the REs though, we'll see. It's also nice the current best tire is also the least expensive option, might be nice to keep it that way.