View Single Post
Old 07-23-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Smithpw1

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Exclamation I need some help.

I'm at a loss with issues I am experiencing with my 2020 Camaro SS 1LE, and it has been a long time since I've asked for help on a forum so bear with me!

First off, I installed Stainless Power LT headers (even had them JetHot coated), LT2 intake, Kaetech 87mm ported TB and regular Rotofab CAI. For the most part, I have done all of the wire relocating and heat shielding to clear the headers. Nothing touches.

Furthermore, after I was finished with install. I took the car to a tuner and had it dyno tuned. We road tested immediately after, and it drove better than it ever has. Drivability was much improved over the stock tune.

However, that was the last time it seemed to run well. Ever since, I have been dealing with an issue where the engine power breaks-up/hesitates/struggles during situations such as WOT when merging onto the interstate or downshifting into 4th at 70 mph and again going WOT. Anywhere between 3k and 5.5K power is reduced. Otherwise, just driving around normal, there's no issues.

So far, I have checked plugs, reseated plug wires, retorqued intake manifold to spec, tried the stock TB just for shits and gigs. I am not getting any DTC's or CELs. None related to any of these issues anyway.

I pulled some data with an MPVI and sent it in but my tuner says fuel tables, and everything look spot on and suggest that I change my battery. The claim being that they've seen bad batteries do weird things in these cars. But I just can't get behind that, this doesn't seem like a battery issue to me whatsoever. Plus, batteries aren't cheap and I'm not about throwing parts at the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Smithpw1 is offline   Reply With Quote