View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:33 PM   #7
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
NA vs. Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbair64 View Post
So I have a 2022 Camaro LT1. Been looking at the Magnuson 2650 kit they sell for the Camaro. looks like a no brainer for the money. 588 hp and 600 ft-lbs at 8 lbs of boost. they also include a tune. cost 8500. Don't have to change anything else. Yes I know the 2650 is way more potential. But a simple bolt on seems much more appealing than major engine work. As this is my daily driver.
So my question is to achieve the same gains I would assume you would need several internal changes to get the same. Cam , Heads, different intake , Different fuel system? not sure. and cost?
I think this is a great conversation. To stay on your topic and not veer off with other suggestions, I think for a daily driver the easy choice is the Maggy. To get a naturally aspirated build to approach that power appears to require fairly extensive modifications. It could all go great but with a Maggy, you will not need to worry about valve train issues, etc. The choppy cam is great but I also think you will not get the flat torque curve that will make the Maggy fun on the street. I've been intrigued by the build Lanlo15 has. It's fairly simple and he is in the 9's. There is also the build by Mike's son at "toohighpsi". He started with 100% stock, added the Maggy and then did port injection. I think both of these guys are over 700 whp and there is nothing fancy. Over those levels people begin to have serious traction problems on the street. The only caution is someone will start the argument about tight ring gaps on the lt1's but that also seems to be rectifiied now with good tuning when boost is slightly increased over stock.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote