View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 02:49 PM   #31
MikeV

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Chevy Dealer service in Mass.

Hello All, I'm a long time viewer but have never posted anything so take this as you will, But i do have to make a comment on where not to go. So yesterday i went to Herb Chambers Chevy in Danvers. I needed an oil change and everything went well, until i got the bill. They charged me $260 for an oil & filter change. I questioned the service associate and he stated that price of the synthetic oil went up dramatically and that was the reason for the cost increase.

My previous oil change there, last year was around $120. The $260 didn't sit right with me so i looked up the cost of the oil on line (Mobil 1 Dexos 2 0-W40) and there was not too much of a price increase most was $12/qt or less. I also called 4 other Chevy dealers in my area and asked what they would charge. I was quoted $101-$121 and specifically asked that it was for that type of oil at 10 qt's.

I then called back the service manager and got no where with him. So beware if you go to this dealer.

My next oil service will either be with one of the others at the lower prices or i'll do it myself.
Thanks Mike
MikeV is offline   Reply With Quote