View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 11:24 AM   #25
greenz28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS M6, Ford Fiesta ST
I love reading everyone's responses. We're in a weird environment car-wise and it's probably going to get weirder with gas seemingly going away and supposedly replaced with electric. Yes, our values may climb even higher if we hold onto them. No one knows for sure. It seems likely that we own the last of the Camaros as they are: 2 doors, gas V8, manual shift available, 2+2 seating, rear wheel drive, etc. It's a "normal" awesome car.

One guy I work with says sell and buy a new Corvette. Sounds good but I don't think you can get a base model for sticker, which is about $65K, with dealer mark-ups and general availability. Only ones I've seen are around $100K, new or used, no way I'm paying that. Another guy says sell and buy a classic 1960s something. Sounds good also, but then you get into maintenance, restoration, terrible mpg, etc. Might be OK if don't drive much or enjoy those things.

I still don't know but still enjoying thinking about it. Maybe I'll list it for a high price. Someone wants it bad enough, then OK. Or keep it and install all the parts I still have in boxes - Hurst shifter, JMS throttle controller, H&R lowering springs, maybe save exhaust for later.
greenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote