View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 11:25 AM   #213
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
And in ZLE news.....

I finally got a chance to start checking out and working the ZLE. Pretty darn nice car! A lot of little things to get it up to scratch, but all pretty easy, just time and $$.

The car has some pretty cool upgrades:

- MCS 2 way
- Custom cage and rear seat delete
- APR Wing

The to do list is pretty long, but is basic maintenance, all new brakes, exhaust rattle, adding adjustable rear arms, update the alignment, along with a bunch of other misc stuff.

So far I have:

- Replaced rear tires
- Bleed the intercooler (Weapon X)
- Brake caliper clean and service
- New rear rotors and pads (Ferodo 1.11)
- New Giro front rotors and pads (Ferodo 3.12)
- ARP extended front studs
- Data logged for the tune
- Lift pads
- Brake ducts

I'll drop the car off at the dealer next week to leave for the alignment and hopefully drive it on track early May - can't wait!

Should I start a separate thread for it?

Ken
Hey just a thought, why not go with Racing Brakes front rotors? They are larger than the Girodisc (same as stock OEM) but also with directional vanes, and apparently only .2lbs heavier than the Girodisc fronts at 28.2lbs. I just ordered a paid and I am selling my lightly used Girodisc fronts (half a track day and twice a month west coast winter driving with stock OEM pads)

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 05-02-2023 at 01:09 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote