View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 05:45 PM   #5
zybysky

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
Zybysky:

Sorry for the issue, I had a new stereo installed for me, and I am just going to mention 2 items that might be 100% irrelevant or wrong, but just hoping someone can get you to the solution.
  1. Did you have a setup stage for the amp where you set the gains on each channel - is this where you can “turn down” the too hot signal?
  2. Is there any chance of speaker impedance mismatch or going below the 2 ohm minimum listed in your manual - just wondering if you are using the stock Bose speakers - I hope not, they look so cheap.

Video on setting gains - yours is thru software maybe:

https://youtu.be/tiOUd3NkOyQ
Thanks Plasar.

1) Yes, I went through the setup for each channel, but no matter how high/low I set the front speaker input gains, the amp's input clipping detection triggers. End result is I cant use the factory signal from the front door speakers.

2) I replaced all the speakers, but this problem is with the input to the amp, not output from amp to speakers. The amp doesnt like those front door speaker inputs =(

Thanks for responding though. Im working around the problem right now, but over time (and with a little help) maybe I can get from 90% good to 100% good
zybysky is offline   Reply With Quote